1385 posts

<-

Species: Gargoyle

Orientation: N/A

Postcount: 23622

Send PM

DJGoo Writer, Forum moderator, SoFurry Ambassador
Because I couldn't find the old one.

Post pictures of cars you've own in the past, own currently, or are saving up to buy.
Discuss posted cars and what changes, if any, are either being made or planning to be made.
Why you do or do not like your car.
Questions, concerns, curiosities about cars will be answered here!
Comments, interests, input all welcome.

I can't be the only one around here who likes cars and driving. The last thread was rather successful (was it on YS?) and i hope this one is too. It's quite the passion of mine.

Anyway to get started....

I recently purchased a car from a small, Minneapolis base company called GrimmSpeed. Not just a part, but the whole car.
Here's a thread on what it USED to look like:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533084

Some changes in it's appearance have been made and a few as well in its performance.
It may LOOK like a simple old Impreza L (which is a slow, safe sedan) but in actually, all the important bits are out of a 2006 WRX. All those important bits have been modded and tuned but GrimmSpeed for some amazing results.
I don't know the exact performance numbers at the moment but it can corner like a MFer and hs enough power to blow away most cars on the road. Does 0-60 in a number that starts with 3 and runs out of gears at about 155-ish.

I need to take some new photos because it doesn't look like that (above) anymore.
It's a serious car I got for a HUGE steal. One of my good friends works for GS and being such a small company I got this amazing car for dirt cheap. My thanks goes out to them.

2db2c0244b083939c9e5e5c6e6834de2.jpg
<-

Send PM

So I'm the only person in the population of SF that drives a car?
Wow, I feel special.

Pictures.

DSC009932.jpg
That dash is for show, there's nothing underneith and behind those two seat there is absolutely nothing but bare metal. You can see the custom steering rack, hydraulic hand brake, and brake balance controller.

DSC0099723.png
Unfortunately, the rain has washed off most of the dirt and mud I had on there. But this is what it's like now, Quite a big change from before.

Here's a repost of my mtn vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoRu8JmLlo

Anyway I was hoping to get into road rally or autocross or something. i want to get my racing career started and now I've got a great car to do it with. I'm debating what to do for my next car. i really want to save up for the Caterham Superlight R500, but they have a deal where if you buy their Acadamy 7, they'll send you to go get your racing liscense. The problem being is the R500 is one of the fastest road cars the world has ever seen (look at that track time!!) whereas the Acadamy 7 is still an incredible and fun car, it's not near to the performance of the epic R500. Prices vary too but both options are really rather affordable. The R500 I can acquire for a measly 61,000$ and the Acadamy for, I think, about 40,000.

But seriously, keep this thread going. Anything.

Edit; Moved pics

<-

Species: Red Fox

Orientation: Homosexual

Postcount: 3892

Send PM

Quote:
So I'm the only person in the population of SF that drives a car?
Wow, I feel special.
Umm... I drive a '96 Honda Accord. It's silver. I got it for free. I like it. I'd take a photo, but is it really that hard to picture?

You, sir, are a pizza.
<-

Send PM

It's a good car. It's not held together with duck tape is it? and is it the V6?

<-

Orientation: Homosexual

Postcount: 3892

Send PM

No, only the left headlight is held on with duct tape. And I have no idea. It's also got a large dent on the rear bumper and the driver's side door from the previous owner. I did tear the front bumper off once though.

You, sir, are a pizza.
<-

Orientation: Heterosexual

Postcount: 1705

Send PM

BUMP

Once I can, I'll get a picture of my F250 up here....

But, for now, specs....
2001 Ford F250 (3/4 ton)
Engine: 7.3 liter V8 turbo diesel (250 horse, 500 lb/ft...for now)
Trans: 4 speed auto
Gears: 3.73:1
4x4 w/ low range

Other stuff: Silver in color, XLT trim package, towing mirrors, ext cab, short box, leveling kit, 33 inch rubber, 4 inch turbo back exhaust system (sounds pretty gnarly), gooseneck trailer hitch.

Future plans: fix mild body rust, repaint frame, axles, springs and drive shafts, add cab lights, build an intake system, headache rack (with tail/brake/turns, better reverse lights and two cargo box lights)...mud flaps, maybe a set of airbags over the rear axle and possibly tuner....

EDIT: What I like about it...the power, mileage (17.5 or so on open highway, can't complain for a 7000 lb truck on oversized tires) and the fact that there's something that women like about a pickup man....xD

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And Lord, if today is the day that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
<-

Send PM

Is that the Powerstroke? You know you can get like 600hp without adding anything right? And the Allison tranny too (you can make that a 5 or 6 speed without adding anything)?
Sounds sweet. It's not excessively high is it?
Quote:
4 inch turbo back exhaust system (sounds pretty gnarly),
Hey! I have one of those too! 'Cept mine's from Cobb Racing.

<-

Send PM

I'd like 600 horse...but, with a 7.3 (or 6.0 powerstroke), you'll need a tuner, seriously upgraded fuel system, bombproof transmission, aftermarket turbo, larger injectors and some other parts, possibly including aftermarket connecting rods.

Not an allison trans here (those are behind the Chevy Dmax...) Mine is a Ford build 4R100...eventually, I'd like to see what it would take to drop in a 5R110 (5 speed, less RPM drop between shifts...great for towing...which I do)

Not high at all, between the 1.5 inch leveling kit and the taller tires, it's only a few inches over factory....I can still safely tow a 5th wheel type trailer...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And Lord, if today is the day that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
<-

Send PM

Yeah I dunno trucks too terribly well, fergive me.
But I can appreciate yer's more because you use it for towing and not small penis compensation.
Even if it is a Ford ;)

<-

Send PM

Quote:
Yeah I dunno trucks too terribly well, fergive me.
But I can appreciate yer's more because you use it for towing and not small penis compensation.
Even if it is a Ford ;)

You're forgiven xD...

Nah...I just know too much about truck and such....but I can blame that on working around heavy diesel equipment every day...

Posts 1 to 10 of 1380