Last post by carlos_penguin 2 years ago

53 posts

<-

Species: Equine

Orientation: Omnisexual

Postcount: 2082

Send PM

Heuvadoches Writer, SoFurry Ambassador
So ... actually ... the human art thing really wasn't discussed fully.

The thread was locked with other points to discuss with a "Screw you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home" post...

And then the AUP was changed.

Just because why? Some moderators were going to quit because the userbase was doing its job in reporting stuff?

Way to crap on your userbase.

Approve I do ... yes ... mmmMMMmmm. 1a_yoda.gif

WTF?
<-

Species: Nyxian Alp

Orientation: Heterosexual

Postcount: 736

Send PM

The way I remember it, people said yes or no, and explained why, eventually it started getting off topic (mostly about cub and underaged stuff) , so it was locked. The votes from what I remember were pretty 50 50. As for the AUP change, it's done, they've decided, no use in arguing now. Hell, I'm against it, but now that it is enacted, I might as well take advantage.

"Your super conductor electro-magnetism is no match for science!"

"But it is science!"

"Well I'm sciencier!"
<-

Send PM

theviewer34 wrote:
The votes from what I remember were pretty 50 50.

Oh? There was an official poll? Where? In what newspost? Usually there's much more than what ... a week's worth of discussion on AUP changes for websites.

Fine ... Any human art I see that's mis-tagged (and I can't add tags to) ... I **WILL** report for not having the "Human Only" tag in it so I can have that shit filtered out.

WTF?
<-

Species: Red Fox

Orientation: Homosexual

Postcount: 3892

Send PM

So what is this thread supposed to accomplish exactly?

You, sir, are a pizza.
<-

Send PM

Jayce M wrote:
So what is this thread supposed to accomplish exactly?

Bring up the point that this was handled about as well as the transition from Yiffstar to SoFurry 1.0

To let us know that our input (on some issues) really doesn't mean all that much, and that any opinion gathering was pretty much lip-service.

Oh ... and that we're now just another FurAffinity ... only with tag filters and a brown theme.

WTF?
<-

Species: Penguin

Postcount: 670

Send PM

Actually, a poll would have been kind of cool! Even a Polldaddy one if the SF2 software didn't allow for it.

Cheers!

Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round!

"What? I like the taste of it!" - Solara Golais
<-

Send PM

carlos_penguin wrote:
Actually, a poll would have been kind of cool! Even a Polldaddy one if the SF2 software didn't allow for it.

Cheers!

I doubt they wanted the honest opinion of the vocal minority. Unfortunately, most of the users would have been ambivalent ... or too busy fapping to care.

WTF?
<-

Species: Penguin

Postcount: 670

Send PM

As with any forum, out of 200,000 users there are what, two or three dozen regulars? *rolleyes*

Cheers!

Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round!

"What? I like the taste of it!" - Solara Golais
<-

Species: Red Fox

Postcount: 3892

Send PM

Well the thread was up for about a week and a half before it was locked, and Toumal, as well as other staff, were actively involved in the discussion. What I saw was a majority of people who either wanted the AUP relaxed in some way, or just didn't care. It would have been impossible to please everyone with this, as it's a pretty controversial subject.
Quote:
Oh ... and that we're now just another FurAffinity ... only with tag filters and a brown theme.

Implying that SoFurry is what it is because of its AUP? I don't agree with that at all.

You, sir, are a pizza.
<-

Species: Anthro Western Dragon

Postcount: 51

Send PM

As far as I saw, there was some good opposition against having human art allowed, hell I have a journal still plastered on my page about it and why I oppose it. I mean being called Sofurry gives the vibe that the site is focused pretty much on, you know, furries? I don't even know if the thread was serious enough cause despite the number of people that said they were against it, the AUP change went ahead anyways.

I would have liked to see an official poll on this instead of just a thread, something that gives solid numbers on what the people of this site wanted, probably would have helped to get the numbers of those who were one way or another but didn't bother to post a comment. I know humans have a place on this site and it doesn't bother me that we have furry x human art and stories, by all means cause there is still the furry aspect, but why human only?

If you want human only, look at sites like furaffinity, DeviantArt and the tons of other sites thats take human only art. Why do we need to follow the norm as it were, why can't we just stay furry only? I was here when this site was still Yiffstar and what did I come here for? Furries, plain and simple, I didn't come here for humans or dwarves or elves or any of that stuff. If you want human art, go to the sites I mentioned before.

Was this issue with artists really so bad that the possibility of a human only rule even had to be brought up? First the transition to Sofurry and then this, I will honestly say that my faith in mods isn't that high as far as things like this go.

*Insert relevant meaningful signature here*
Posts 1 to 10 of 51