your furry vs. your real life...

Home » Forums » SoFurry » General Furoom » your furry vs. your real life...

Started by Alex Kitsune 2 years ago

Last post by Inkdrop 1 year ago

52 posts

<-

Species: Dragon with right arm that can change into anything mecanical

Orientation: Omnisexual

Postcount: 14016

Send PM

My.life on sofurry Is completely opposite of my real life I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week at a plant doing construction and get payed little money and not to mention I have no friends thinks to my best friends bitch of a girlfriend she made him stab me in the back my life sucks but here it rocks

Pm me if you want to rp I'm open but if I say no its not because I don't like you its because I have too many rps also I'm up for mlp fim rps
<-

Species: Cat

Postcount: 202

Send PM

I don't keep it hidden at all. Now that doesn't mean I'm the type of guy that goes around shouting "I'm a furry!" - I know when to be appropriate with it. I'll bring it up IRL/to a non-fur if asked. I sometimes will wear my furry anthro wolf shirt in public. My mom, step-brother and therapist know I am a furry and are fine with it, although my step-brother has already had exposure to furries before I became one and seems to dislike them all but me. Typical behavior for someone who's life is practically on 4chan anyway. My mom and therapist had absolutely no idea what they where so they had no negative preconceptions of them so I was able to explain to them both what it was all about and did it right cause they are fine with it and even curious. All three of them even like a lot of my furry art commissions.

My FaceBook account is for both furry and IRL, and my FaceBook avatar currently is the one I have here. I have furry avatars on myriads of non-furry sites like Last.FM, DevaintArt, YouTube, etc.

So yeah. I don't hide it at all, but I know when to be appropriate with it.

<-

Species: River Otter

Orientation: Heterosexual

Postcount: 1046

Send PM

You're a braver soul than I! :P

<-

Species: Husky

Postcount: 183

Send PM

I keep the two seperate, save for a few people I trust. (good friends).

<-

Species: Komodo Lizardman / Unicorn

Postcount: 353

Send PM

My RL life and my furry life don't overlap much... I don't talk about being a furry at work, though me and my mate are furries, and we have some nice "real" moments together. I don't have any furry friends in RL... :(

You come for the Yiffart... You Stay for the insanity...

Everything is Derivative..

Happily mated to Guarddog8149.

^.=.^
<-

Species: catkind

Postcount: 1563

Send PM

most my life is secret from most people that i know my family and my friends know vastely different mes neither group knows that i am a furry among other secrets my bi-polarism like self helps in this matter

11.jpg

<-

Species:

Orientation: Homosexual

Postcount: 43

Send PM

My real life is completely separate from my furry life. My friends and family know I'm gay; that alone was hard enough for them to accept. I just feel like if I tell them I'm into the furry fandom, I'd likely lose them all. Oh well; I'm happy with the way things are as it is. Not that I'm ashamed of being who I am, mind you, I'm just smart enough to know that some things are better off kept to myself. I keep several internet identities; most of them my own, and this one for SoFurry. I haven't really been looking into other sites; this one just feels RIGHT to me.

As for my writing; they all know that I DO write; I just refuse to let them read any of my work, and for good reason.

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground...

Try this trick, and spin it, yeah....

Your head'll collapse, 'cause there's nothing in it; You'll ask yourself

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

Out on the water, see it swimming
<-

Species: Milking Jersey Cow (check profile for alts)

Postcount: 447

Send PM

My family knows I draw lots of animal related pictures but they don't really know what a furry is. My friends already know I'm just plain weird, so I guess just cause of that it's no big deal that my furry side is open since so is my otaku side, gamer girl side, disney lover side, etc

Hola soy La Vacita :3

Check out my profile!
<-

Species: Chihuahuan Raven

Postcount: 4037

Send PM

My real life is kept VERY separate from my "furry life". My reason is professionalism. I work with animals on a regular basis for school and work so I have to keep it quiet that I'm a furry, because if word gets out and people I work for misunderstand what being a furry means (i.e. assume bestiality), I can very easily lose my current job, my education, and my career opportunities. My closest friends know, as does one ex-girlfriend, but that is it and they have all respected my requests to keep that knowledge heavily guarded.

It is unfortunate I have to be so discreet. I think that furry art is one of the most imaginative and fun kinds of art there is because of the implicit fantasy.

Don't be afraid of height. Be afraid of not enough height.

Professor's Guide to Internet Conversation
<-

Species: Leopard (anthro/feral shapeshifter)

Postcount: 153

Send PM

I keep it hidden. Not difficult since it really is an internet thing at this point, for now. I have also hidden away my writing folder full of furry stories that are W.I.P, deep in my documents.

Posts 41 to 50 of 50