Re: Furries packing heat!

Home » Forums » SoFurry » Offtopic Ramblings » Re: Furries packing heat!

Started by lonefox 3 years ago

Last post by I Nuba I 4 days ago

1272 posts

<-

Species: Husky

Orientation: Omnisexual

Postcount: 95

Send PM

I did hear about the 700 recall. Sad because that's one of the finest rifles out there.

Got my taxes back and was going to buy an M1 Garand but decided on an all numbers matching Type 14 Nambu with holster, two repro boxes of ammunition, cleaning rod, spare striker, and a lanyard. Pretty geeked about it. Now I am set on assembling a IJA Second Lt.'s uniform and goodies onto a mannequin. Some small items are gonna be kinda tricky, but it's gonna be worth it.

<-

Species: Arctic/Timber/Dire wolf hybrid, with some polar bear (Part time ogre named Oogbar)

Orientation: Heterosexual

Postcount: 3165

Send PM

Lt-Yuri wrote:
I did hear about the 700 recall. Sad because that's one of the finest rifles out there.

Got my taxes back and was going to buy an M1 Garand but decided on an all numbers matching Type 14 Nambu with holster, two repro boxes of ammunition, cleaning rod, spare striker, and a lanyard. Pretty geeked about it. Now I am set on assembling a IJA Second Lt.'s uniform and goodies onto a mannequin. Some small items are gonna be kinda tricky, but it's gonna be worth it.

Hehe, between a Remington or a Savage... I'd choose the rock in my boot... Savage may be getting better with their bolt actions, but the only reason to write home, about them, is to say that they're less crappy , compared to what they were 8+ years ago.. @.@
And in Rem.'s case... The 700 may be the nicest trigger pull... but until they get rid of that whole design, it will remain the most hazardous to anyone near by. Their minor mod, aka "Whole new, perfectly safe" trigger... isn't too much safer. Grandfather bought one, just to see if it still misfires... Straight from the box, he loaded a round, went to cycle it out... BAM. Yep... Needless to say, he got a refund.

And you got a type 14? Interesting, hystorical choice. I heard those things shoot weird rounds. Bet it'd be a pain to reload. @.@

An eye for an eye may leave everyone blind, but only in the darkness can the light of truth be seen...

When one looses what they believe to be their strength, they are forced to find their real one.
<-

Species: Wolf-based Kitsune

Orientation: Homosexual

Postcount: 5156

Send PM

Lt-Yuri wrote:

Yeah, I had to help do a weekly audit today on our guns at work. There was a noticeable gap where the 700's used to sit...it was kinda sad, but they'll be back eventually. Personally, I don't have much use for a rifle at this point. Still trying to debate on if I'm gonna get an ak-47, then my friend had to show me a video about a Serbu Super Shorty...it looked like fun. If I got one...it would have to be built from a Mossberg 500...

Once your there, once your there, you can't come back. Nothing lives, nothing grows, inside the Dead Meadow....

7.jpg

<-

Species: Husky

Orientation: Omnisexual

Postcount: 95

Send PM

The older Remington 700 BDL's are superb rifles. My dad has a pair, a 7mm mag that he has had since before I was born (still looks new) and a .223 that he got for a Ruger M77 Mk2 in 300 mag. The 7mag will do about .75-1.50 inch groups depending on the ammunition used and the .223 ,which was glass bedded by the previous owner, will put 5 through 1 hole if the shooter does his part with good ammo.

I've always been really interested in the WW2 era Japanese kit. Quite a few people collect it for sure, but it's easier to get deals as not everyone knows, or thinks they know, exactly what they have. The Type 14 shoots 8x22 Nambu, definitely a neat round but not one that's super common.

The only thing that really is good on a Savage is the accu-trigger. They are still a bargain barrel tier gun. It's just sad to see Remington is falling to that level as well.

Ak-47s are really fun. Had one for a while and had quite a blast with it. If I were gonna get one now I would go for either the C-39 from Century, or an N or O-pap.

<-

Send PM

Lt-Yuri wrote:

Ak-47s are really fun. Had one for a while and had quite a blast with it. If I were gonna get one now I would go for either the C-39 from Century, or an N or O-pap.

The Century C-39's are beautiful. I just wish I could find one with a full rail on top, most of the ones I've seen have a little half rail at the front of the gun. It's just seems like space gone to waste without the full rail. Another Russian gun I'd like to get, but probably wont is an RPD. I just love the look of em.

Once your there, once your there, you can't come back. Nothing lives, nothing grows, inside the Dead Meadow....

7.jpg

<-

Species: Arctic/Timber/Dire wolf hybrid, with some polar bear (Part time ogre named Oogbar)

Send PM

Though, I'm not a fan of aesthetics, bullpup designs, or the 5.56mm, I have a soft spot for the Australian's Steyr AUG STG-77, ever since I got ambushed on a convoy, while driving ausies. ^_^
They made fun of my M-240B "Musket", and I ragged on their BB gun, but we both liked each other's weapon. We actually traded spare patches, after we got to camp! He loved the Seabee emblem! :3

An eye for an eye may leave everyone blind, but only in the darkness can the light of truth be seen...

When one looses what they believe to be their strength, they are forced to find their real one.
<-

Send PM

SnoWolfAK wrote:
Though, I'm not a fan of aesthetics, bullpup designs, or the 5.56mm, I have a soft spot for the Australian's Steyr AUG STG-77, ever since I got ambushed on a convoy, while driving ausies. ^_^
They made fun of my M-240B "Musket", and I ragged on their BB gun, but we both liked each other's weapon. We actually traded spare patches, after we got to camp! He loved the Seabee emblem! :3

Have you seen the IMI Tavor Tar-21. The shop here in town carries both the Steyr and the Tavor and they are both amazing guns. I honestly don't see why our military continues to use the m16/m4.

7.jpg

<-

Send PM

I Nuba I wrote:
Have you seen the IMI Tavor Tar-21. The shop here in town carries both the Steyr and the Tavor and they are both amazing guns. I honestly don't see why our military continues to use the m16/m4.
I do agree, but hey... like the saying goes,"Top rate work, for lowest bidder!". We'll probably be stuck with the darn things (And seabees with the M16 A1-2e3's), till someone comes out with an equally "reliable" *Cough* Crappy*Cough* weapon, for cheeper! ... Then Seabees will get the A3's and up... but never the newest. :(
Hell, our armory still had 8 M2 HB's from 1918. Talk about holding a piece of history! @.@

<-

Send PM

Yeah, the M2's are amazing. If I got to a point that I started buying guns for simply collecting them. I'm pretty sure an M2 and possibly an MG 34 or MG 42 would be in that collection.

7.jpg

Posts 1251 to 1259 of 1259