20 Feb 2012

Official Tags
Wolf (105,803)
Werewolf (10,410)
Love (28,988)

Unofficial Tags
bite (289)

Posted 20 Feb 2012 22:51
Last edited 23 Feb 2012 00:33
2 faves
6 votes

Download ePub [?]

External Services

Social Networks

The Eternal Bite ~ Part 1

#1 of The Eternal Bite

Ok, so I wrote this during the summer, it's just a little out of a larger part of my story, I may post the rest of it, depends how this one is seen I guess, This is the first story I ever write

I awoke to the sound of my name being called. Why was I in the woods? What time was it? I drifted back
into unconsciousness. When I woke up, I was laying in a hospital bed, just as I was about to get out of
bed, the doctor walked in. He was a man in his late thirties; he was a small man of maybe 5'3", he had
deep brown eyes, short greying hair, glasses and wore a wedding band. He introduced himself as Dr. Ted
Livingston and advised me to lie back down. He then proceeded to give me a rundown of my injuries;
they consisted of a mild concussion and a broken arm with seven stitches. After informing me of this,
he asked me for my name and what I remembered if anything. I told him my name was Damien Jones but I
had no recollection of the past couple of days.

He gave a sigh and said "I was afraid of that, maybe you should rest and see if you can remember
anything in the morning" he then walked out leaving me by myself in the dark hospital room. The only
sound came from the heart monitor. Before falling back asleep, I took a quick look around the small
room. There were the few machines I was hooked up to, along with a chair, a side table, two large
windows facing the town and an adjoining room, which I guessed was the bathroom.

The next morning, upon waking up, I saw a nurse looking through some paper work, without looking up
from her papers; she said "Good morning sleepy head, I'll let the doctor know that you're awake" and
flashed a quick smile before walking out. A few moments later, my doctor walked in the door. Whilst he
looked over the same paper work as the nurse had, we made small talk. He told me that it seemed as
though my heart rate and blood pressures had returned to normal so I would be free to return home
and then asked me to give him a call if I remembered anything. This is when I realised, I had not driven
myself to the hospital, and how had I gotten here? Guessing my question before I asked it, he answered
by saying "Some hikers found you laying unconscious in a small clearing about twenty-five miles into the
Santa Anna Foothills, do you have any idea why you were out there by yourself?"

All I could do was stare into the distance, trying to remember.... anything. Nothing I told him, I couldn't
remember any reason I would go out into the hills, that far, alone. The doctor just forced a smile and
said "its okay, it's normal to not remember some things after everything you've been through. It should
come back to you in a few days." I thanked him for everything then proceeded to fill out the check-out
forms. The hospital supplied me with a free-of-charge cab ride home because I had no means of
transportation or money on me.

In the cab, on my way home, everything around me seemed to sound much louder then it usually would,
I could hear the ragged breathing of my overweight driver and I could hear the revolving of the tires
against the cement bellow. I even heard a little girl crying from across the street of me, when stopped at
the street lights.

By the time I'd gotten home, it was a little past 1:00 in the afternoon and I was starving, I felt as though I
hadn't eaten in weeks, desperate for food, I made my way to the kitchen, only to find that the only thing
left to eat was a carton of eggs. I was so hungry; I fried them all up and ate them.

After I was finished, I thought it'd be a good idea to go grocery shopping, so I went upstairs to get my
wallet from my bedroom, but when I passed by a mirror in the hall, I saw just how bad I looked; my hair
was greasy and in a mess, I needed to shave, face was dirty from laying on the ground I supposed, my
clothes were torn and filthy and to top it all off, I had a thin film of plaque on my teeth. This was a big
difference from my usual attire; shaggy black hair, bright blue eyes, a little on the muscular side, with a
narrow, clean shaven jaw. So I decided that before I went to get some groceries, I would clean up a bit,
starting with shaving and brushing my teeth, I followed that with a shower and getting changed into
some clean clothes.

I was now ready to go get some grocery's, when I finally got to the market, my watch read 4:00pm. As I still needed to go get my truck, and in doing so, needed to get a ride out there, I was rushing through my
shopping, until a good friend of mine; Kate Green, a tall, beautiful women of 21 years old with hazel
eyes, long blond hair and a thin build bumped into me. She gave a surprised look as she saw me and
asked "So did you find him?" confusion swept over me.

"Find who?" I asked and she looked me over with suspicion and said "You were out looking for the guy
who has been slaughtering our livestock, weren't you?" I panicked, not knowing what to say, I didn't
want her to know that I couldn't remember the past few days, I don't know why but at the time
it seemed important so I told her that I wasn't feeling well and had to go. Before leaving though, I asked
her if she would do me the favour of having my truck picked up and brought to my house for me, to
which she said okay, with an even more quizzical look about her, no doubt wondering how I'd gotten
back without it.

Shortly after six, after I'd gotten home from the store, put away the grocery's, had a rather large dinner
and gotten my truck back; I came across a map of the mountains I was found at, on my table. Curious as
to where I had been headed, I opened it up and took a look, the first thing I saw was a big black circle
drawn onto the map, it located some caves and next to it was written a note saying 'most likely spot'. To
myself, I asked the question "Most likely spot for what?" I then thought it would be a good idea to
search the pockets of the pants I was wearing when I was found for clues.

In the pockets, I found a camera and three rounds for my shot gun, which was missing. Looking through
the pictures on the camera, hoping to find something that would help jog my memory, the only pictures
I found were from my mother's visit.... six months ago. This was of no help to me.

This was information enough for me to know that at the time, I felt the man might be dangerous and to
know where I was going, but not what had gone wrong, not what had landed me in the hospital with
stitches, a broken arm and a concussion. I ran different scenario's in my head, trying to find a valid
explanation for all of this, but I couldn't come up with anything, it couldn't have been from an animal
because it wouldn't have left me; it would have finished me off.

I couldn`t believe what I was planning on doing. I was going back to where I could have died, again alone
and with a new shot gun because I couldn't find my own. I Don`t understand it myself, why I would go
back to such an obviously dangerous place, alone. Was I really this desperate to know what had
happened? Was I willing to risk everything just to fill in the blanks in my memory? I did however, have
sense enough to know that I needed time to rest, regain my strength before I go back because I don't
know what awaits me there, it could be anything. I was decided. I would go back to the foothills in three
days, which gives me time to regain my strength and try to figure things out. Now, it was time for bed.

As I was on my way up the stairs, going to bed, I began to smell something foul. When I got up to the
second floor, I went to look for the source of the smell. "What could that smell possibly be?" I asked
myself aloud. Five minutes later, I found where the smell was coming from; a pair of socks on my floor,
how could it be possible that I smelled these socks from the stairs? I must be losing it, there is no way
it's possible to smell something this small from that far away. All I need is some rest, when I wake up in
the morning, everything will make sense, I'm just tired, that's all this is.

The next morning, something had happened while I was asleep, I woke into a room that did not seem
much like my own, it must be though because what wasn't broken, I recognised as my own. My
bedroom was a disaster. The sheets on my bed were torn, as were any and all clothes that were on my
floor, my pillows look like they've been mauled by some unknown beast and my carpet now looks like a
cat's scratching post. I didn't know what to make of this, I did a quick scan of my house, all seemed to be
in place, there was no intruder; my room was the only one out of the ordinary.

Uneasy by this odd scenario, I decided I still had things to do, I couldn't be distracted from my goal, I
only had two days left before going to the mountains. I decided I would look more into this, whatever
this is when I got home, for now, I had to content myself with just making sure everything was in fact
locked and just to go on with my day.

Aside from the new 'norm' around here; the slaughtering of the livestock, my day was uneventful. I
managed to find another shot gun that my shells would fit in and I will have to go back and pick it up
tomorrow, the guy said something about needing to run a background check before he could give me
the gun. I was in no hurry so I told him to take his time; I would be back tomorrow to get it.

After such an uneventful and somewhat boring day, I retired to bed early. I decided my room was unfit
to sleep in until I could get things replaced so I would stay in the guest room while I wait. This morning,
when I awoke, the room was undisturbed; all was as it should be. I thought to myself maybe it was just
some sort of prank; a one night thing, but whether it was or not, I went on with my day as per usual,
except today, I went out for coffee with Kate.

She brought up what happened at the store; my odd behaviour. Still determined to act as though
nothing weird had happened, I simply told her that I was just recovering from a bad case of the flue,
where I had spent a couple of days in bed. When she asked about my broken arm, I told her I'd fallen
down the stairs. It seemed to work, she dropped the subject and we just made a little small talk for an
hour or two. After this, I went to the gym, in hopes of getting a little but more in shape and for
something to pass the time.

Unfortunately, I had to leave shortly after arriving due to a head ache caused by all the noise. Normally
the only noise I could hear came from the old T.V. but today, I could hear the hissing of the T.V. and all
the huffing and puffing the men were making because of their intense workout, I could also hear the
clinking of the machines moving, I could hear the sound of the belts on the treadmills, it was too much
to take. Another thing I had a hard time with today was the horrible smell of sweat, again, normally the
air smelled clean because of the windows and fans, but not today. So I decided to go for a walk in the
local park to try to clear my head of this ache.

That night when I got home, I was so tired that I simply went straight to bed. When I woke up this
morning, what I woke up to was a total shock. I woke up to something worst then last time, it looked as
though there had been a wild animal inside my room. My poor guest bedroom was ruined. The sheets
were torn up as were yesterday's clothes, my pyjama bottoms, the pillow was destroyed and this time,
the mirror was shattered, the door had been clawed at, the shaving lay at the foot of the door, on what
was left of the carpeting.

Now, convinced that ever since what ever happened in the woods, something weird has been going on,
I'm more determined than ever to find out what happened that day in the woods. I will leave after
breakfast, I've had enough of waiting, I wanted to find answers and I wanted to find them now.

I'd now made my way back to the clearing at which I was found, according to the map, I was still about a
half hours walk from the area circled on the map. "I better start walking" I told myself and began my
journey. A few minutes later, I discovered foot prints, they didn't look like they were prints of an animal,
they resembled those of a man, but the size was too big and there were also claw marks. This is when
everything came back to me; I had been out here looking for a man, and had found these prints,
realizing that it may not have been a man at all. I kept going though, determined to get some answers as
I was now as well, but this time, a different set of answers. Drawing near the cave from last time, I heard
a rustle coming from behind a couple of trees.

No results found.

herrer 2 years ago 0
good story
PolarWolf 2 years ago 0
Thank you :)
BrandonGreyWolfe 2 years ago 0
I really love it so far!
PolarWolf 2 years ago 0
Thanks :) I don't really think it's that good though
BrandonGreyWolfe 2 years ago 0
It really is great! I want to know what happens next. :)
PolarWolf 2 years ago 0
So I should post another piece?
BrandonGreyWolfe 2 years ago 0
Yes, please do. I love the suspense that you've put into the story and I just have to know more. :)
PolarWolf 2 years ago 0
Alright, I'm glad you like it :) I'll post it shortly
trailstoride 2 years ago 0
Your off to a good start! I'll be catching up with the other chapters soon. Faved and fived. ^_^
PolarWolf 2 years ago 0
Thankies :D