I have decided that the healthiest course of action for me to take will be to drastically reduce my participation in the fandom. It's been on the wane for awhile now, and recent drama has encouraged me to really reexamine the merits of being this involved. It's not like I write the smutty stories I am known for much anymore (my desire to write has been dead and buried for over a year). Don't worry; I'll still be around to talk to people. You'll just be seeing less of me, and God willing I will be a much better person than I am now on the occasions that I am on. I could never totally abandon the fandom, as I have too many common interests relevant to furries.
Without further ado, I have made up a series of steps that I will take to gradually "get a life" so to speak. I have already completed the first step, and step two is currently in effect.
1. Discontinue all sexual roleplay (rare exceptions will be made for very, VERY close friends who are very, VERY good at what they do). Non-sexual roleplay will be considered on a case by case basis.
2. Unwatch all artists who have lost my interest. This one mostly applies to FA, where I'd come back from a day off the site to find 50 uploads to sift through. Many on my watchlist have lost my interest, so it's best to cut the busy ones to accommodate my reduced presence.
3. Remove IM contacts I am not especially close to. This also applies to people who have not spoken to me for a long, long time.
4. Increase time spent reading non-furry stuff. I have recently rediscovered my love for printed word. My library card's gonna get plenty of mileage this summer.
5. Allocate more free time to constructive, non-internet pursuits (will remain in effect until step 10 is achieved).
6. Reduce visits to FA to a few times a day, then daily, then weekly etc. (reductions will be accompanied by further unwatches until I have <10 on my watchlist).
7. Discontinue presence on FA entirely (will not go into effect until I have found reliable means to maintain communication with a few good friends I have there that are either unable or unwilling to do so offsite).
8. Reduce visits to SF to an undetermined level; most likely once or twice daily.
10. A better life.