And here we find the rare Faorus Meridius, in its natural habitat...
Here I am!
You might have been wondering exactly what the hell's wrong with me! After all, my Christmas special final story (the last chapter of Cameron and Ryan's tale, no less!) is still floating in the ether, nothing's been seen nor heard of from my usual (if not traditional) MPreg March series, and that says nothing of other potential uploads. Faora's gone dark! He's abandoned us! He doesn't like furries anymore! Oh noooooo!
For inquiring minds, this is my year in review:
- Editing a novel for submission. Non-furry novel, so this is a big deal!
- MOAR novel editing. Seriously, I've got one shot with this thing, and I'd hate to blow it by missing an important gender-neutral pronoun!
- Broke my back. Those that know me know that this is not an unusual thing, but this time it was a sprained muscle that laid me out for a couple weeks. No fun!
- Resurgence of one-and-a-half year old depression that I had entirely thought I'd dealt with. Conscious mind! Subconscious mind! Round Two... FIGHT!
- Complete LITERARY breakdown due to a single novel editing issue. ONE FUCKING PAGE OF SYNOPSIS CANNOT BE THIS HARD TO FIX.
That stuff's all kinda cruddy! But hey, how about some nice things to balance it out?
- New friends are always nice to make. Bonus points for their incessant desire to 'ride the dragon'. Oh, otters. Thou art so funny!
- Was given a microphone and told to emcee a wedding. Was the most awesome person there... well, save the lucky couple, of course (I was a very close second).
- Good friend and all-around awesome dude Whyte Yote did a great reading of my story Poison, from a couple years ago (when I FINISHED my Christmas specials!). It went up on the Bad Dog Book Club, and then was discussed by the awesome Skip Ruddertail and Toonces. Have at thee: http://baddogbookclub.com/
- Guild Wars 2. I can get the pre-purchace collector's edition. WOO. Being Australian doesn't always mean being doomed!
- Twitter. Should probably be up there with the bad stuff, but I capitulated for GW2 tracking, because I am a raging fanboi. More followers would mean more reason for me to hurl 140-char(r) comments around, so you can find me as @faorameridian Poke me! Ask me questions! Do... whatever the fuck it is people do on Twitter. So yeah. Twitter.
- And, as of today, MAILING my novel off for consideration. Yep. Finally doing it.
So, what does this all mean for my furry writing? Well... not a lot, really! My life's a little more turbulent than I'm really comfy with right now, but that doesn't mean that things are going to continue that way. It does, however, mean that my writing time has to become a lot more focused. I want to write. Well... that's not strictly true. I NEED to write. I can't exactly STOP writing. But because of high stress and my inability to use all of my day to write, I have to focus on priorities. And, unfortunately, that means furry writing falls by the wayside.
It's not all bad news! I'm not cutting furry writing out entirely! You'll see furry novels and novellas out of me in the coming months, put up here and on SoFurry. You'll see shorter, more traditionally spooge-laced pieces out of me, too! I have a whole folder FULL of stories I need to write in that field! But my real love in writing is novels. Furry, non-furry... doesn't matter which.
But as I'm trying to make a career out of this, my non-furry projects rank just a liiiiiittle bit higher. Besides which, it's all new to me! I was writing furry material before I even knew there was a subculture built up around it and, odd as it may sound, having human characters is actually a refreshing challenge for me. I've grown so used to the twitch of a tail, the perk of ears and the bristling of hackles that I've actually had a lot of trouble adjusting to 'standard' writing again. I love it! Healthy doses of furry-inspired fantasy races are helping ease the transition back, though!
So... yeah, that's it! I'll still be around SF and FA, but not posting anything until I have something worth posting. Don't worry; there's stuff coming! I promise. I swear, on my writing.
But until then, take care! Poke me sometime on Twitter! Eat a cake! Save me a slice!